Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's amazing the things you find when you are not looking.

A few days ago, I took the head shots of a soon-to-be fellow Theatre Major at the University of  Montevallo.  It was such a fun experience simply because it's something I love to do, and the company was truly amazing.
Mary was simply adorable and completely came to life in front of the camera. I see great things coming for her in the years to come.  She had the most wonderful attitude about everything.  There were other things Mary did to make art.  The interesting thing is, I don't think she even realized she was doing it. This picture was taken at Oarr Park.  We also took pictures in my apartment, which I am attempting to turn into a studio, and also on Flower Hill.



This photo is the one that inspired me to name my blog.  This bright, beautiful little critter flitted to the ground, directly in the mud.  I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  This wonderful creature did not pick a pretty flower to land on but in a mud puddle.  The colors contrast so well.  It reminds me of how people are attracted to the dangerous side of life.  It struck me as wonderful, so I just had to capture it.



Musical Artist: Jack Johnson
The photo on the right was taken on a rather raggedy bench on Flower Hill.  Mary set her shoes on the bench to fix her hair, and I leapt with joy at the wonderful photo it created.  This is definitely a photo for the portfolio.  I think it's mainly because I am such a huge shoe nut, that I just went crazy over these shoes in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment